ARCHITECT: Killis Almond Architects
Rehabilitation of the 700-seat theater built-in 1951. Restore the exterior of the theatre that incorporates the original masonry and neon lighting, along with the addition of a video marquee that mimics the original as part of renovations of the front entrance. The lobby’s historic paneling was repaired, and ceilings restored. Renovations also included structural improvements and a 2,500 sqft two-story addition for dressing rooms. New fire safety, air conditioning, and exterior drainage systems. This project was a 15,820sqft 2 story historical renovation with a new addition to the back of the building. The addition had new underground utilities and earthwork, it was constructed with pipes, concrete stem wall, structural steel, brick, stone veneer, and PVC roofing system.
This sign restoration received First Place by the Texas Sign Association (TSA) for the 2021 Restoration and Historical Reproductions.