To provide on-site coordination for all phases of construction, ensure contract conformance, QA/QC, inspections, Jobsite safety, scheduling, recovery schedules, as-builts, punch list, conflict resolution, and customer service.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Superintendent:
- Participate in the creation of project schedules with the Project Manager
- Have weekly schedule coordination meetings with all subcontractor foremen to outline requirements of work completion, and other issues as may be required including but not limited to manpower requirements, interference coordination, inspections, and sequence of work. Distribute three-week look ahead schedules and communicate schedule requirements with all subcontractors.
- Implement, monitor, and drive the project schedule. Promptly notify management team of schedule and performance issues, be proactive in anticipating potential problems that may impact the project performance.
- Provide daily job reporting on Company forms to include manpower counts, weather conditions, activities performed, and material deliveries.
- Manage the Company Safety program as outlined in the Company Safety manual, and provide safety and accident reporting as required.
- Ensure total subcontractor compliance with all jobsite safety requirements. Maintain a clean jobsite and communicate with appropriate members of the project team if there are repeat offenders.
- Initiate RFI’s to address issues with interpretation of plans and specifications, missing information, incorrect details, incomplete information, and other issues that require the direction of the Architect and Engineers.
- Notifies subcontractors and material suppliers far enough in advance to assure materials are delivered in a timely manner and subcontractors arrive on schedule.
- Solves problems and makes quick, accurate decisions and takes responsibility for decisions
- Responsible for all coordination and scheduling of all inspections with local and state officials having jurisdiction over the project.
- Responsible for quality control in monitoring the work and it’s adherence to the construction documents, and project requirements
- Motivates subordinates, subcontractors, and others to top performance.
- Orders, inspects and verifies quality and quantity of all materials and supplies
- Delegate’s responsibilities to subordinate and is responsible for their performance.
- Maintains a high degree of integrity and loyalty toward the Company and client. Maintain a neat and professional appearance, presenting a professional image consistently.
- Maintains a good cooperative relationship with the architect, engineers, subcontractors, materials suppliers, town officials and the client.
- Coordinates work of client subcontractors and vendors to ensure necessary requirements are met and that work outside of our scope may proceed unencumbered towards a successful project completion.
- Maintain on site project files for work scopes, submittals, RFI’s, bulletins, drawing logs, sketches and as-built drawings.
- Aggressively pursue the completion of project punch list once issued.
- Work with the Project Manager and appropriate subcontractors to coordinate, schedule and otherwise manage the various utility companies for any utility relocations, and/or new service required for the project such that these critical services are available when required.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL THE CONTRACTUAL SCOPE OF WORK BE CHANGED, ALTERED OR DEVIATED FROM WITHOUT WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION FROM THE ARCHITECT OR ENGINERR OF RECORD
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
- Assist with jobsite set up
- Gather project material submittals from PM and maintain records of approvals at the job-site.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
- Preside at pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
- Assist in hiring sub-tier employees.